Understanding Content Privacy Controls
The Collaaj Video Platform offers a variety of video and channel/course privacy settings which enable your organization to share video content in multiple scenarios. These advanced options allow you to utilize a single video hosting platform to share content both internally and externally through channels/courses and individual videos shared by URL or embedded on your website.
Note: EDU accounts use the terms courses and school while Enterprise accounts use channels and organization. Enterprise accounts also have the ability to setup "teams" within their organization.
Setting Individual Video Privacy
How to Access Videos > Manage Video > Edit
1. Only Me - This limits viewing only to the user who created the video. You might use this setting in the case where you create content for personal record or for further review and editing prior to sharing.
2. My Organization/School - Selecting this option will limit video access only to users you have invited to the Collaaj. You would use this option to secure content organization-wide either through the Collaaj portal or LMS integrated platform.
3. Anyone With The Link - Using this privacy setting allows access only through a shared URL or embed. You would use this setting for a video in the case where you do not wish to publish the content to a course/channel but do want to share the video within or outside your organization.
4. People Listed Below - This option allows you to whitelist access to content based on specific internal or external email addresses that you specify. This is a good option for sharing content privately with partners, vendors, or affiliates without the risk of making it public.
Setting Course/Channel Privacy
How to Access: My Account > Account Settings
1. Anyone in the Course/Team - This setting restricts access to individuals you've invited to a Collaaj course or team. You would use this setting in the case where you have multiple courses/channels/teams and do not wish to share content across the organization.
2. Anyone in the School/Organization - Using this option allows you to share access with all users you've invited to your Collaaj account. This is a good option to use in the case where you do not wish to restrict access based on course/channel/team inclusion.
3. Anyone with the Link - Using this privacy setting allows you to share a course/channel by URL or embed. You might use this option for sharing a set of videos with members outside of your organization, or embedded on your website.
To better understand the outcome of various video and channel/course privacy settings, refer to the table below or contact Collaaj for guidance.
To set individual privacy settings, go to a channel/course and click settings.
Edit your course details and/or click NEXT to view sharing properties.
Select your desired access and publishing settings and click NEXT to finish.